The 2020 season should be an interesting one for the Philadelphia Eagles filled with lots of questions they will need to answer. In this article, we will try to answer a few of those questions the team has in the form of stats. Here's who I expect to lead the Eagles' main stat categories at the end of the regular season:
Passing Yards Leader: Carson Wentz - 4,400 yards (franchise record)
Passing TD Leader: Carson Wentz - 35 touchdowns (franchise record)
• Pretty straight forward - I expect Wentz to be healthy this season, and with some new rookie receivers and DeSean Jackson healthy, he should put up new career highs (which would become franchise records).
Rushing Yards Leader: Miles Sanders - 1,075 yards
Rushing TD Leader: Miles Sanders - 10 touchdowns
• Also straight forward - I expect Sanders to be healthy this season and become the bellcow for the rushing game. He will become the first Eagle to rush for over 1,000 yards since LeSean McCoy did so in 2014.
Receptions Leader: Zach Ertz - 95 receptions
Receiving Yards Leader: DeSean Jackson - 975 yards
Receiving TD Leader: Jalen Reagor - seven touchdowns
• It's not a secret that Zach Ertz is Carson Wentz's favorite target. That won't change even with all the new offensive help that was added this offseason.
• We saw what the Eagles offense can look like with a healthy DeSean Jackson last year in Week 1. I'm taking a leap of faith and expecting Jackson to remain healthy for most of the season, meaning there will be plenty of bombs from Wentz to Jackson in 2020
• A bit of a wildcard pick, I think Reagor will make the most of his opportunities in 2020 and become known as a finisher.
Tackles Leader: TJ Edwards - 90 tackles
Tackles for Loss Leader: Brandon Graham - 15 TFL
Sacks Leader: Derek Barnett - 11 sacks
QB Hits Leader: Fletcher Cox - 30 QB hits
Interceptions Leader: Nickell Robey-Coleman - five interceptions
Passes Defended Leader: Avonte Maddox - 15
Forced Fumbles Leader: Malik Jackson - three FF
Fumble Recoveries Leader: TJ Edwards - three FR
• I am fully on the Edwards hype train. The Eagles will need a linebacker to step up this season, and I think the former UDFA will show that he can be a solid starter for the Birds. He seemed to always be around the ball when on the field last season.
• BG seems to blow up running plays in the backfield often, so I'll say he continues that trend in 2020.
• I'll be optimistic and say Barnett finally shows everyone why he was a 1st-round pick with double-digit sacks.
• I don't think Cox's sack numbers will climb to what they used to be. Father time will make him a little slower this year, but I think he still makes plenty of impact by rushing the QB and hitting him often.
• I am getting some Patrick Robinson vibes from NRC. He had a fantastic training camp, and I believe that will translate into picks in the regular season.
• With Darius Slay on the field, Avonte Maddox is the obvious guy to pick on (his short stature will also play into that). That means there will be many opportunities for Maddox to get his hand on the ball this season.
• Malik Jackson will have a revenge tour this season after missing basically all of last season (he previously had only missed one game in his career). He has six career forced fumbles, so he knows how to pop the ball out. I expect him to be a big playmaker in 2020.
• Like I mentioned earlier, Edwards always seemed to be around the ball last season. He'll turn into what Jordan Hicks used to be for the Birds and come up with the turnovers.